Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The End of Complacency

Welcome to the cliche beginning post, glad to be here?

Well here goes nothing:

I am a thinker, a feeler on occasion, but mostly a thinker. I question, process, analyze, stress, process more, sleep, and begin the cycle again. This is to be my graceful landing place, where I am choosing to write, analyze, and extend my questions to the massive voids of the internet, that is if anyone actually reads this. Humor me. 

I am prone to complacency. I thrive in routine and need balance, but in the midst of that, complacency sets in and I become stagnant whether it be in my walk with the Lord, in my relationships, or in my school work, most of the time it's all three. Writing helps me avoid that, it keeps me moving forward and provides an outlet for me to vomit my thoughts. You know that kind of cathartic feeling? Like it's weighing down in the pit of your stomach, then all of the sudden you heave it out and you feel better. That's how my thoughts are for me, acid sitting like a brick in me, and if they don't get out soon, I'm done for. 

I'm tired of being complacent. I sit here and say I want more and different but never choose it. For heaven's sakes the majority of Christians do that, so I don't feel too bad admitting it. But if I'm going to proclaim it, then I'm going to change it, otherwise I'm the same as the rest of the any other schmuck out there claiming a senseless faith. Harsh? Maybe. True? Yes. 

I once found a quote on my sister's blog that has really stuck with me, it is where I got my blog title, and it resonates deeply with my heart and where I desire to be in my walk. So as the end to this first rant, I leave you with my inspiration.


“Spirituality is not about competency; it is about intimacy… Messy spirituality has the audacity to suggest that messiness is the workshop of authentic spirituality, the greenhouse of faith, the place where the real Jesus meets the real us.” –Mike Yaconelli

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love your words; love your heart; love the look; love the quote; love you.

    Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great First Post Em! I can't wait to see what you'll write next!

    ReplyDelete